Whether you are living in your first home or your dream home, your business or your office, choosing your window treatments can be an important decision that changes the look and feel of your living and working space. One of the first things that people look for when they are deciding on a home is how much natural light you can get through your windows. Determining the best window coverings to maximize that natural light, but also offer you the versatility to change the natural lighting in your home.
Here are some points of consideration that you’ll want to take into account when you are choosing your window coverings.
- Choose your treatment type. There are a number of different types of window coverings that you may not be aware of including roman shades, roller shades and much more. Dealing with an experienced sales associate can help introduce you to exciting styles and different mediums for your window coverings.
- Pick your brand. Choosing the designer of your window coverings is important. Hunter Douglas coverings, for example, are made of the highest quality materials and are built to last. Plus you get the benefit of a trained consultant, certified installers, and a guarantee to ensure you are satisfied with the final product.
- Choose your fabric. If you are going with roller shades, drapery or some other fabric-based window covering, you’ll want to take advantage of your sales associate’s swatches and samples to figure out the style and colour of fabric that is best for your needs.
- Choose your materials. If you’re going with blinds or shutters, the material you pick can determine the ambiance of the room that you have them installed in. Don’t be shy to try dynamic and interesting materials like metals or dark woods to change the atmosphere and give you a dramatic, professional look.
- Decide on your options. Your sales specialists can assist you in making key window covering decisions such as whether or not to mount inside or outside your window frame, what type of control you want (ie. Cordless, continuous loop and so forth), whether or not to use valances, and much more. Window coverings and how they are installed can also alter how the window itself looks, not only the room that they are in.
- Have fun! Shopping for window coverings doesn’t have to be a bore! It can be an exciting chance to change a significant space in your life and it’s your opportunity to get creative, so enjoy the process and the results!